Uniting for Health Innovation (the Foundation) is the sole owner of the information collected on www.ufhi.org. The Foundation collects information from users at several different points on the website.
The Foundation is committed to maintaining your confidence and trust with respect to the information we collect from you.
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order, or legal process served on our website.
Email Newsletter Registration
Website visitors can register to receive periodic emails by inputting their first name, last name, and email address into the website form. By doing so, you authorize the Foundation to store your information into our customer relationship management system for future communications purposes. Access to your personal information is restricted to our employees, agents, representatives, and service providers.
The Foundation uses the personal information that you provide for such purposes as:
- Sending email newsletters announcing items such as events, current news, success stories, etc. These announcements are only sent to users who have indicated that they would like to receive them.
- The completion and support of the activity for which the information was provided, such as allowing access to or delivery of our products or services, processing or fulfilling an order, or responding to your requests or inquiries.
- Website and system administration, such as for the technical support of the site and its computer system, including processing computer account information, information used in the course of securing and maintaining the site, and verification of site activity by the site or its agents.
- Tailoring or customizing content or design of the site during a single visit to the site and individualized personalization of the site on repeat visits.
- Research and development to enhance, evaluate, and improve the site.
- Communicating with you about changes or updates to the site and our services, and with your consent, special offers, promotions, or market research surveys.
- Analyzing information provided on an anonymous basis to create a profile used to determine the habits, interests, or other characteristics of users for solely for internal purposes. All data will be used on an aggregate basis and will not be used to identify any user personally.
We use "session" cookies to collect information about your use on the site when you view articles or other records and browse from page to page. These cookies are temporary and are deleted when you leave the site.
Like most standard website servers, we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc., are not linked to personally identifiable information.
We use clear GIFs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by the recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. If users would like to opt-out of these emails, please see the Opt-Out section.
Credit Card Information
We care about the safety and security of your donations. We use high grade encryption and the https security protocol to communicate with your browser software when processing your donation transaction. This method is the industry standard security protocol, which makes it extremely difficult for anyone else to intercept the credit card information you send to us. Companies we work with to process credit card transactions also use high grade encryption and security protocols. To support our work, please visit www.ufhi.org/support or email development@PAHOFoundation.org.
The site gives you options for removing your information from our database in order to discontinue receiving communications. To do this, send or reply to an email of our communications (info@PAHOFoundation.org) or click "Unsubscribe" at the bottom of any email.
Links to Other Websites
Correcting/Updating/Deleting/Deactivating Personal Information
If your email contact information changes and would like us to update or delete it, please email us at info@pahofoundationPAHOFoundation.org or visit www.ufhi.org/support/contact.
Notification of Changes
Restrictions on Use
All content included on this website, such as graphics, logos, reports, articles, and other materials, is the property and intellectual property of our organization or other authors and is protected by copyright and other laws.
Any person using this website is permitted to copy and print individual website pages for non-commercial purposes. Users may also copy or print minimal copies of any research or reports posted on the site for informational, non-commercial use. These copies must not alter the original website content, including all legal notices and legends. Our prior permission is required for 1) any commercial use of materials on this website; 2) making more than minimal copies of website materials; and 3) copying large portions of our website, such as by bots, robots, or spyders that "harvest" the website. If you seek permission for such use of our website, please contact us at info@PAHOFoundation.org. We reserve the right to change the above policy at any time for any reason.
Linking to Website and Framing
We do not permit others to frame this website or any portion thereof. You may link to this website if the link does not falsely imply or suggest that we have endorsed or affiliated our organization with your website.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to block and/or terminate access to this website from anyone who infringes other persons' rights. Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, 17 U.S.C. • 512(c), please direct any notifications of infringement occurring on our website to:
Associate Vice President, Operations
2 Ravinia Drive NE, Suite 1540
Atlanta, GA 30346
In your notice to us, you must do the following:
- Give us enough information to enable us to contact you regarding your complaint, including your name, address, telephone number, and email address, if available.
- Identify for us the material(s) and/or work(s) that you claim are being infringed on this site and the material(s) that are causing infringement, and give us enough information (such as a web page address) to locate such material(s) or work(s) within our site.
- State that you have a good-faith belief that the use of the material(s) or work(s) in (2) above is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- State that the information in this notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you either own the copyright (or an exclusive right under the copyright) in the material(s) or work(s) that you claim in (2) above are being infringed or are authorized by such owner to act on its behalf.
- Provide your physical or electronic signature.
As our website indicates, we welcome your feedback. Please be advised that any comments, suggestions, ideas, or other information that you send to us through our website will not be treated as confidential, and that we will own and have the right to use them as we choose, without payment to you.
Due to the global nature of the Internet, this website may be accessed by users in countries other than the United States. We make no warranties that materials on this website are appropriate or available for use in such locations. If it is illegal or prohibited in your country of origin to access this website, then you should not do so. Those who choose to access this site outside the United States do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
Limitations of Liability
We are not responsible for any damages or injury, including but not limited to special or consequential damages, that result from your use of (or inability to use) this website, including any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation, computer virus, line failure, or other computer malfunction. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE PROVIDE THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITH NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND USE OR RELIANCE UPON ANY OF THE MATERIALS ON IT IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
If users have any questions or suggestions regarding our web site or the foundation, please contact us by using the "Contact" section of this website.
Last Updated April 5, 2017